Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Jobhunt

I had an exam and interview just this afternoon for the Customer Service Representive position in Incoho. Their office is cozy but its just that I don't like the idea of working in a call center company. I did not actually apply for that position,the HR called me yesterday and interviewed me on the phone so I got caught in the situation where I was obliged to show up for that confirmed exam and interview, I had no choice. I'd like to start a job in a good and big company where I can assure my future with. Well while having my exam in Incoho, a woman from the Embassy of the People's Republic of China called me on my mobile phone and asked me if I know Mandarin. I said I know basic Mandarin 'coz I took 6 units of that language for my last year in college. So she asked me to introduce myself in Mandarin, I was so shocked, I panicked!. We weren't taught to do that in that way. What my Mandarin professor taught us were just simple Mandarin phrases not conversational and Mandarin is not that easy to learn. You really have to memorize unfamiliar words. I could've prepared a speech in Mandarin if I am informed prior to that. I could've reviewed and browsed my notes but it was impromptu! Well that's life! Maybe I am not meant to work in an embassy. And I applied for the office assistant position there. They should have just asked some Chinese person in China town for that job.

No comments: